Robotic Process Automation for Retail Lending – Case Study
Banks and financial institutions grant vehicle loans and verify the client details for detecting any fraud transaction as to securitize their loan-book. Government of India has a portal (Vahan*) wherein all the information of the registered vehicle is stored in the database. The organization uses this database to validate the details by searching engine number and chassis number of the vehicle and update result into the final excel sheet.
* Vahan: Centralized Online Indian National Registry for Registered Vehicles.
Monthly transaction volume of around 60K loans issued by the lending bank. Volumes surge to around 100K+ during festive seasons. Team of around 25 employees engaged in this error-prone high-volume task.
- A Robot was designed that could log into Vahan website with necessary credentials.
- After login, the robot feeds the engine number and chassis number of the vehicle into the “search box” of the website and proceeds with the search.
- If the result is found for searched data then robot clicks on the results to open the pdf.
- Robot opens the pdf to read the data and inserts the data into the final excel sheet with flag indicator as “successfully downloaded”.
- If search results in “no customer data” then robot automatically updates the final excel sheet as “no vehicle found for the customer” and saves a screenshot of the webpage.
- Automating login, search, pdf read, excel entries.
- Reduced processing time by 40% which further increased operational efficiency.
- RPA in Action – Downloading Files & Data Massaging
- Robotic Process Automation in Action – PDF Extraction & OCR Capabilities
- RPA for Asset Management Institutions – Case Study
- Robotic Process Automation for Retail Organizations – Business Case
- RPA for Mutual Fund Organizations
- RPA for Media Organizations – Case Study
Get in touch: email@example.com
About Greysoft: Greysoft is an emerging global software technology company. We help Fortune 500 companies to reach their potential through ‘tailor-made technology solutions. We have been working hand-in-hand with the Global Banking & Financial Institutions for 16 years, to solve their tech challenges and help them conquer the larger quest of “Digital Transformation”.